Impound Instructions

Impound Instructions:

Impound hours are Monday through Friday from the hours of 9 AM to 4 PM. Any property released after normal impound hours are subject to a gate fee. To inquire on an impound, please dial 251-986-9968 and select the impound option 4. After selecting the impound option 4, this will allow you to contact which location your vehicle or property is located. If your property was impounded in the cities of Loxley, Summerdale, Silverhill, Robertsdale, Spanish Fort, Fairhope, or Daphne. You will need to contact our Loxley location option 1, if your vehicle was impounded in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Elberta, or Foley you will need to contact our Foley location option 2. You must be the registered owner for Auto Medic Wrecker & Towing to provide you with any information about the impound. To retrieve property or to release an impound to a 3rd party you will need proof of ownership, for example, current registration or title and your current government issued identification. If you are not the registered owner and need to act on the behalf of a registered owner, please see our website at select forms and select the Alabama Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney Form. This form must be completed by the registered owner and notarized with a copy of the registered owner’s current government issued identification. You must make an appointment and verify which location your property is located. If the impounded property is deemed not operational you must have a licensed and bonded towing company to remove the impounded property from Auto Medic Wrecker & Towing’s property. Loading non-operational impounded property on trailers or performing mechanical fixes are prohibited on any of Auto Medic Wreckers & Towing properties. This includes tire changes and jumpstart. All impounds are to be paid by CASH ONLY. No impounded property will be released to a third party without a vehicle release form that must be completed by the registered owner, current proof of ownership, and the registered owner’s current government issued ID, and payment. Vehicle release form can be found at in the form section.